Wednesday, June 17, 2009

so..*EDIT

...I know it has been a while since I have put any new material up, frankly it is because my bike is out of order and has been for the past couple of weeks and it's got me feeling out of true...

At the end of last month's CM, one of the guys we rode with informed me that my chain seemed pretty loose. I hadn't really thought about it, but after his mentioning I did the measurements and it was definitely time for a new one. I figured, since I was currently running a 3/32 drivetrain and had been meaning to switch to an 1/8 for a while now, that I would go ahead and do it all at the same time... I decided to go with a half-link chain, Luther's suggestion, which I got from the shop on park, and I already had the 16t cog I was going to need, so all that was left was a new chainring; which I found at eighthinch.com, and I even got a new seat...but...

...Long story short, more than two weeks have gone by and I'm still waiting on parts while my bike is in pieces in my garage...I just don't know what to do with myself....

**EDIT

...well I hate to do the woe is me bit again, but yesterday my chainring came in. After its' installation I grabbed that new halflink chain which is made by Stolen Bike Co., a bmx company, and I thought it was pretty cool until I tried to put it on. Then came my realization that, due to a bmx bike's smaller wheels, it's chain stays are shorter which makes it only rational to have a chain that is shorter than a track chain, about four inches shorter to be exact...fml

No comments:

Post a Comment